Sweet Afternoon Break

Friday August 29, 2014

Location: Amsterdam, The Pijp


DSC_3456 Zara stressed black jeans, Gold slip on sneakers, Elise store, Michael kors bag(2)



Hey everyone

When I'm on the go and running around the city, I always love to stop by a cool coffee spot and indulge on something sweet. It can either be a healthy smoothie or a guilty pleasure like cakes, macarons and of course always my soy cafe latté

I think it is important to indulge ourselves, and my afternoon coffee break is like a holy grail to me, which makes it my favorite time of the day. I normally don't eat any sugar and haven't for nearly ten years. Plus I eat only organic. But there are exceptions to the rule and on days like these eating a cream filled tart topped with strawberries is one big feast for me.


 


DSC_3691 Coffee and strawberry cake, Michael Kors selma bag

DSC_3508 Black ripped Zara jeans, Myca Couture jewelry
DSC_3728 Gold Slip on Sneakers, Elise Store
DSC_3604 Zara black ripped skninny jeans, Else Store gold slip on sneakers
DSC_3775 Aztek earrings
DSC_3798 Army Green Mesh sweater, Michael Kors Selma bag
DSC_3561 Army green mesh sweater, Black ripped Zara jeans, Elise store Gold slip on sneakers, Myca Couture
DSC_3740 Myca Couture bracelets

With a special thanks to Vlaamsch BroodHuys

 I was wearing: Jeans: Zara, Top: Lady Store Amsterdam, Bag: Michael Kors here, Slip on sneakers: Segio Todzi at Elise Store: here, Bracelets: Myca Couture, Earrings: vintage



Get the look:





I am very lucky to live in a very popular and crowded area called: The Pijp in Amsterdam. The famous Albert Cuyp open market is three blocks away from my place. I was born in this neighbourhood and grew up here until I moved to London when I was nineteen, and a few years later I moved to Los Angeles where I've lived for eight years.

I was happy to have found an amazing apartment in this area a few years ago when I moved back from Los Angeles. L.A. is always my home but so is this place. De Pijp is filled with the cutest patisseries, restaurants, bars and tons of boutiques. I will share a few of these with you soon because if you ever want to visit Amsterdam you'll be able to check them out.

With the fall just around the corner I am slowly changing my color scheme into rich browns, army greens, burgundy red, and burnt orange.  It's like my style and color choices change automatically with the changing of the season. The army green top I'm wearing is a good example of that.

Like I mentioned in my latest post, comfort is becoming more and more important to me. While wearing a pair of slip on sneakers, I still like to keep my look dressy by adding a piece of statement jewelry, like these stunning earrings I scored a while back in a cute vintage shop called: Ladyland located in this area. It's such a bummer this fabulous boutique closed a few months ago, making me eager to find a new one just as good.
 
I think "less is more" so I kept the rest of my outfit pretty simple. After a few colder weeks, thankfully the weather has picked up again with a promise of warmer temps next week. In my heart summer is not over yet. Not nearly!
Happy Friday everyone and enjoy an amazing weekend.

With love Tamara Chloé

Don't forget to join me on:
 



17 comments:

  1. Very beautiful post Tamara; I love everything about your outfit; the jeans, top, shoes bag..
    Have a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pretty outfit! Want your shoes so badly!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a super cute smile Tamara. Really in love with those gold slippers, they do take your outfit to another level. Thank you for your sweet birthday wishes <3

    ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ani! Such a lovely compliment coming for you xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Tamara! Im as you when Im running around the city, I always have to stop in some cool cafè, having my coffee or some treat. The neighbourhood where you live must be outstanding and the ideal for me. I want to visit Amsterdam so bad now and maybe having a coffee with u!:P Looking gorgeous, cheerful and so glam Tamara, love ur slip ons and all the accessories. Summer isnt still over, keep to enjoy it! Hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much love, I would love to do coffee with you Lilli! I so wish you could stop by Amsterdam one day, we would have a blast xx

      Delete
  5. T water loopt me in de mond ... van de beschrijving van je koffiepauze ^-^ compliment voor deze combi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo cool casual look!!!!! xoxo))))

    ReplyDelete