How To Pose For Street Style Photos Part II

March 1, 2015


DSC_8425 resize



Hey everyone

As promised here is the second part of my tips on how to pose as a blogger. I was so happy with your amazing responses to my first post about this subject a few weeks ago which you can find here. Of course I am always happy when I can inspire anyone of you because this is the reason I started blogging in the first place.

Do keep in mind that I am not trying to come across as an expert that knows it all when it comes down to modelling and posing. I am just simply sharing my tips and experiences when I pose for my own photos.

So let's start.....




Nobodies Watching:

DSC_5131 Black River Island dungerees, Panama hat, Pomikakii bag



The most natural photos are the ones where you aren't posing at all. Most of the time, I pretend there is no camera around and try to have fun by laughing, joking and looking away from that big, shiny lens. It takes the tension off, and it is a really good tip when you are not used to the camera yet.  It is key to shoot with a photographer who brings the fun and easygoing side of you.


The Wall Lean:

DSC_0779 denim overalls, michael kors, supertrash earrings2



Although I look relaxed in this photo leaning against a wall I am actually not relaxed at all. I am tensing all my muscles  manoeuvring myself into a position that highlights all my features in the most positive way. I always keep my hands and fingers relaxed, hiding the fact that my body is in a tense position. It takes some practise but tensing your muscles maintaining a natural look has been one of the most challenging parts when posing for my blog.




The Bashful Smile:

DSC_4390 Sheer Trench coat Urban outfitters, Chanel boy bag, Tamara Chloé4




This one is easy because you don't have to look into the camera. You kind of look away pretending your thinking about something fun or dreamy. The good thing is that it looks effortless and very "unposed".


Flip That Hair:

DSC_5314 Boyfriend jeans, Gucci Disco Soho bag, Mise En Dior Earrings


I love "movement" in photos and using your hair is one of the most easiest things to do when you want your photo come to life. Play with your hair, flip it or shake your head multiple times to create a fun effect. I am always excited when there is a lot of wind during shooting because I can totally use this to my advantage.




Over The Shoulder Smile:

DSC_5189 Yellow Zara Sweater, Myca Couture Hat, Paris,2 resized

I use this one quite a lot too because again it doesn't look "posed" at all. I love doing this in a situation where I am in a busy street  It looks like you are walking, and someone called out your name, and you turned around in surprise. I always repeat the walking and looking around a few times before I get the right shot. Make sure you keep your face in a relaxed state and avoid looking stiff or like your trying too hard. Otherwise, the effect will be gone.



___________________________________



Like I have mentioned before, lots of practise will get your photos looking like you want them to be. Try different things and avoid getting stuck in a "posing" rut. To me, blogging is about telling a story, and you can create that with text of course, but also with your photos. The way you pose for your photos plays a big part in how you want to tell your story.

So how about you? What are your tricks when posing for your photos or even selfies? I love to hear your thoughts on this as I love learning things on this subject.

Tomorrow I am off to Paris for a few days and I can't wait to share this trip with you guys. Also I have more tips on how to pose coming up real soon again,  so stay tuned! In the meantime, I would like to wish you all a fabulous new week and thanks again for reading.


With love Tamara Chloé




Don't forget to join me on: 

 



15 comments:

  1. Great tips and awesome images. Beautiful :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such great tips Tamara. Thanks so much for sharing.
    You look lovely in your pictures all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i use the 'bashful smile' pretty often hahaha. When I don't smile in pictures, i found myself to look kinda mean which I don't wanna portray!! You look good in every pose Tamara!


    www.theycallmetrue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Thanks Trudy, You never look mean ;) xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for these tips Chloé!
    Nice to know it's even for you 'hard' work sometimes ^-^
    I can't wait for the next tips you reveal for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Frances! Thanks for the kind words love <3 xx

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing these tips! I'm learning so much and I appreciate your willingness to help those of us who are just starting out. I love your style and look forward to reading your post and seeing your lovely photos on my Instagram feed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Kimberly! So happy to help out! xx <3

      Delete
  6. Awww great tips from someone so beautiful - thanks for sharing!!

    Best!
    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh thanks Rebecca and you are so very welcome! xx

      Delete
  7. These are great tips!
    you always look so stunning in your photos

    Kiki Simone
    http://kikisimonefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete